Remains of two other victims discovered in President Lech Kaczyński’s coffin.
Published: June 10, 2017
More shocking news has been reported from the National Prosecution Office. Prosecutor Marek Pasionek revealed that body parts of two other victims of the Smolensk disaster were found in President of Poland Lech Kaczyński’s coffin.
“As a country that is part of NATO, I will not comment on this news,” said emotional Marek Pasionek.
The National Prosecutor’s Office also confirmed the findings reported by wPolityce.pl, that the coffin of Gen. Tadeusz Płoski, who served as the Bishop of Military Ordinate of Poland, contained only half of his body, while the other half was found in the coffin of Gen. Miron Chodakowski’s, who was the Orthodox Ordinary of the Polish Army. Gen. Chodakowski was buried in Supraśl.
“Each time prosecutors discuss such activities with the victim’s families. Such discussions understandably are very difficult, but I was not aware of any instances of incorrect or unprofessional conduct of the prosecutors towards the families. I hope it will continue this way,” Pasionek said during a press conference about ongoing exhumations the Smolensk victims.
He emphasized that his decision to limit information passed on to the general public was made last year, admitting that, in his mind, it was the right decision.
Pasionek added that the decision regarding exhumations was “very difficult for him and for the prosecutors who investigated the circumstanced of the Smolensk crash.”
Pasionek said that the Prosecution is not in possession of a written complex opinion regarding the currently conducted autopsies.
“Regardless of individual autopsies, we will require experts to provide a comprehensive opinion on all the victims, what caused their death and how it occurred,” Pasionek stated at the press conference.
“Experts, who previously requested four months to complete their work, have now reapplied to extend that period, quoting the complexity of the case. The Prosecution agreed. In the meantime, two additional experts joined the team,” said Pasionek, adding, “I have been assured that first opinions will reach the prosecutors’ desk in June.”
Pasionek stated that further several dozen of body parts are still being examined. The Prosecution wants to be one hundred percent sure as to their identity. Pasionek confirmed that genetic analyses of four recent exhumations is still outstanding, but that two cases of remains being swapped are confirmed and nine cases of remains being found with others’ coffins have been identified.
It has also been confirmed that six more exhumations are planned for June, with the works being suspended over summer.
Immediately after the crash the investigation into the Smolensk disaster was handled by the Military Prosecution, which was subsequently shut down. At the beginning of April 2016, the investigation was taken over by the National Public Prosecutor’s Office, which decided in June 2016 that it was necessary to conduct exhumations of 83 victims of the crash. Between 2011 and 2012 nine exhumations were conducted, and four cremations took place. Errors within the Russian medical documentation, a lack of photographic evidence, as well as Russia’s lacks of consent for their experts to be interviewed, were quoted as justification for the exhumations.
The exhumations began in November 2016, with President Lech Kaczynski and his wife Maria Kaczyńska’s bodies as first being exhumed. So far, twenty seven bodies have been exhumed. Recently, the Prosecution officially confirmed that remains of other victims have been found in the coffins of Gen. Bronisław Kwiatkowski and Gen. Włodzimierz Potasiński. wPolityce.pl informed that the remains of Bishop Tadeusz Płoski were found in the coffin of Orthodox Archbishop, Miron Chodakowski.
Photo: znaczenie imion
Click on the thumbnails below to view screen dumps from the detectors used to examine the wreckage and seats from the Polish president's plane crash in Smolensk. An "X" denotes the presence of the detected explosive substance and its type. The underlined Polish word "Probka" or "probka" in the screen dump 1 and 2, means "Sample"
Why did they all fly on the same plane?
Synopsis: January 12, 2013, Toronto, Canada. The wife of the late Deputy-Minister of Culture Tomasz Merta: "What I am about to tell you now, are suspicions - and not even my own - but, rather the [suspicions of the] individuals in the inner-circles of the [Polish] military... I heard a statement that was made - but, I am not taking any responsibility for how credible, or not credible it is. [I heard that] had the generals and journalists' not been re-assigned to different aircraft, it wouldn't have been the Tupolev [Tu-154M], but rather the Casa [transport aircraft] that would have been taken out.
Because the Generals were no longer onboard the Casa, there was no reason for it to get airborne. And for this reason it was the Yak[-40] that flew off to Smolensk. This Casa [transport aircraft] was never examined in any way. It was not subject to any examination. Aside from a single note in the deposition given to the military, no one was interested why this aircraft didn't fly [to Smolensk]. Perhaps, this is someones crazy phantasy, but perhaps it isn't.
Some [Polish] military personnel had suggested, that it [the Casa] had to stay behind at the Okecie military [tarmack], so that the explosives could be removed from it - because they were no longer needed [...] I am only repeating what I was told."
"Disarming" Explosives ...
It is worth for us to retrace the entire process of "disarming" the case of explosive substances at the crash site. It all started with the publication of Cezary Gmyz in "Rzeczpospolita" on October 30, 2012, and information that the detectors, which were used by experts in Smolensk (in late September and October) showed traces of TNT and nitroglycerine.
As it turned out, the journalist was also reporting about the indication of Hexogen. The storm broke. The prosecution denied the publication, and ultimately, the editor-in-chief of "Rzeczpospolita," Cezary Gmyz and two other journalists lost their jobs. The entire editorial staff of one of Poland’s most popular weeklies, "Uważam Rze", was also silenced.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views the SmolenskCrashNews.com. All information is provided on an as-is basis, and all data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. The Smolensk Crash News DOT COM makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.